Tuesday 5 April 2011

Ode to Clause

Just wanted to dedicate this post to my dearest friend Clause.

I met Clause about 6 months after I was adopted and at first I hated him. I had just begun to love my home and revel in all the insects on offer so I just couldn't understand why this white and brown cat could be allowed to just waltz onto my land. Anyway, after a few months of fighting (sometimes I was quite afraid of him), one day we just clicked. I think we were both tired of hissing and fighting and so when we met face to face in the flower bed we just sat...and sat....and sat.

After a few minutes of staring at him I realised that he wasn't that scary and in fact he had a friendly look on his face. He then invited me into a game by gently tapping my paw with his which was all that was needed for me (being a game loving cat) to happily join in. We rolled around and chased each other, played hide and seek and tag. I had never had so much fun in my life. I enjoyed his company for another year or so and then one day......he was gone.

To this day I'm not sure what happened to him but I still hope that he will pop round the corner one day and we could play again. He was a great friend and I miss him a lot but I know wherever he is that he is happy. I can feel it in my feline bones ^.^

Many Meows
Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment